“hosted AdSense account to non-hosted AdSense account upgrading or conversion“
Types of Adsense Account:
Google offers two types of AdSense account Individual & Company type. And these are also divided into Hosted AdSense account & Non-Hosted AdSense account or fully approved AdSense account. Getting approval for “non-hosted AdSense” account is comparatively tougher than hosted AdSense account. When we apply for AdSense on Google’s products like Youtube, Blogger, Hubpages etc which are hosted by Google then we get approval for hosted AdSense account. But if we purchase a hosting & make website or blog on that purchased hosting & apply for AdSense on this blog or website then we can get approval for non-hosted or fully approved AdSense account. But you need a quality blog or website to get the approval of non-hosted AdSense account.
Through a hosted AdSense account you can’t put ads on other website or blog you own but if you have a non-hosted AdSense account then you can put ads on any website or blog. Another advantage of having a non-hosted or fully approved AdSense account that you get 68% ads revenue share. But in hosted AdSense account you get only 55%. So if you have a quality blog or website then you can apply for an upgrade of your hosted AdSense account into non-hosted AdSense account. Below I described the process of upgrading in a simple manner, follow the steps.
“how to convert or upgrade hosted Adsense account into non-hosted(fully approved) Adsense account“
Follow the step by step process:
1. At first Sign in into your hosted AdSense account.
2. Now you can see a menu on the left side of your AdSense account. Click on the My ads option from the menu. Then it will expand a submenu. Now from the Submenu click on the Other products option.
3. Then an upgrade now link will appear before you, please click on the upgrade now option.
4. Now an application form will appear before you and in this form, you have to fill only the domain name of your website where you want to show AdSense ads, like www.yoursitename.com and then click the submit button.
5. Then Google AdSense will provide a code snippet to you, please copy the code. You have to integrate the code into your website or blog.
6. For integrating or implementing this code you must log in to your blog’s or website’s Dashboard.
Continue with the step by step process-
7. Now paste the HTML code snippet into the HEADER section of your site, anywhere between the <head> and</head> tags.
If your site on WordPress & you are not familiar with the code modification then you can use this plugin to insert the code, called “Ad Inserter – WordPress Ads Management with AdSense Header Integration.”
You can do it manually also in WordPress, just navigate to Dashboard>>Appearance>>Editor>>header.php & click anywhere between the code & press ctrl+f, now a search box will appear. Make a search for the <head> tag & after finding the <head> tag, paste the code just after the <head> tag & don’t forget to update the file.
8. Again come back to your AdSense account after implementation of the code on your site. There you can see a line stating as I have pasted the code into my site, now you have to check the box with tick with this line & finish the process by clicking on the Done button.
Now Google will manually review your website or blog and notify you either your application for conversion hosted AdSense to non-hosted AdSense account is approved or disapproved. This usually takes less than a day to notify, but in some cases, it takes a bit longer.
If your application for non-hosted AdSense account gets approved then you can place ads on any website or blog. Now you have not need of any further approvals. And don’t afraid if your application disapproved, ads serving on Google’s hosted account will not be affected by this.