“How to set up a Custom Domain in Blogger“
custom domain in blogger
how to set up a custom domain in blogger or blogspot blog :
Blogger is one of the best platforms for making a blog. And it is absolutely free which is hosted by Google. So, it is the most secure platform to make a blog. But blogger provides you a subdomain like sitename.blogspot.com. And this is very unprofessional for the branding of your blog. If you want to show seriousness toward blogging then you should purchase a domain name. From domain name sellers company, like the Bigrock, GoDaddy or Namecheap which looks like www.sitename.com and they are best and cheapest domain name provider in the market.
Below I describe the process to set up a “custom domain in blogger” easily in few steps. These steps are actually same to all domain service provider. But the appearance of the control panel of your domain service provider may be slightly different.
Step by step guide to set up custom domain with blogger:-
(1) At first, Login to your blogger account and in the left dashboard click settings> basic> and then under publishing click on +set up a 3rd party URL for your blog. Now a box will appear to type your domain name in the box including www like www. sitename.com and here click on save button. Now an error message (We have not been able to verify your authority to this domain) will appear with two CNAMEs records provided by the blogger that you need. Each record has one Name, Level or Host field and one Destination, Target or Points to field. You have to enter this new records in your domain control panel. so save this records from your blogger in notepad or do not Logout from blogger account.
(2) Now, visit your domain register website and log in to control panel. Now find in cPanel for the DNS(Domain Name System) or NS(Name Server) for adding new CNAMEs.
Delete the existing CNAMEs in DNS. Because, you have to enter the new CNAMEs provided by the blogger in the error message. Now enter the first CNAMEs record this is into Hostname field or write the code as “www” and in the Points to field or Value field write the code as “ghs.google.com” and click on Add Record. These first records are same for every blog on blogger but the second records vary for blog to blog. Now you have to add second CNAMEs records so copy the Host field code from blogger and paste it into Host field of your domain control panel and also copy the Points to field code from blogger and paste it into points to field of Domain control panel.
: ‘A’ records for custom domain blogger :
(3) The next step is optional but I recommend you to add 4(four) A records which will link your naked domain sitename.com to www.sitename.com. These 4 A records are 4 IP addresses of Google. In Domain’s control panel look for A records section and enter your domain in the format as sitename.com without ‘www’ and also enter the four IP addresses one by one shown below…
220.127.116.11 -(1st A record) 18.104.22.168 -(2nd A record) 22.214.171.124 -(3rd A record) 126.96.36.199 -(4th A record) ----------------------------
(4) Now you go to your Blogger Dashboard> Go to settings> basic and under publishing click on + setup a 3rd party URL for your blog. Here, a box will appear, here type your domain like www.sitename.com and click on save. This time it will save normally without any error message.
(5) One last step don’t forget to check the box with tick mark which stating as – Redirect sitename.com to www.sitename.com or you can click on Edit on the right side of your newly added custom domain and then ‘mark tick’ in the box attached with the line stating- Redirect sitename.com to www.sitename.com
(6) Now you have to wait for minimum 10 minutes to maximum 24 hours to propagate the custom domain settings all over the web so be calm and wait with patience. Generally, it does not take more than 15 minutes.
Finally, in conclusion, I will say, just follow the steps slowly and carefully. Anyone can set up or add custom domain in blogger on their own, don’t worry, go ahead. Hope, this article was helpful for you.